1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or Springs for rear

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vincent, Dec 28, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

On my 08 canyon, I have a great deal of sag in the rear. I normally start out with about 20 bags of salt plus my 575 spreader. Recently I added a helper spring, which does some good. but I need more.

Would timbrens help or should I add some stiffer springs. I really don't care for air bags.

If business is good this year, I plan on going to a 1075 or a small vbox next year.

2. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Timbrens would help greatly and not affect the ride unless loaded to the point they come in contact with the bump stop itself. Stiffer springs will help too but your really sacrificing the ride quality and overall handling of the truck. Plus, timbrens are cheap.

3. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

I put a set of timbrens on my Tahoe for trailering and eliminated sag completly. Cost about $300. Great product.