1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or not?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Dec 1, 2008.

Timbrens on front end of plow truck or not?

1. Yes, I have timbrens on my truck and love them!

17 vote(s)
  2. Yes, I have timbrens, but don't like them/didn't do much

1 vote(s)
  3. No, I don't have them but think they'd be a good idea to have

10 vote(s)
  4. No, I don't have them, and won't be getting them

3 vote(s)
  5. I have no idea what timbrens are

1 vote(s)
  1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

For those of you with Chevy or GMC trucks- who runs timbrens? If yes, are they really worth the money? If not- how come?

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I put them in my gmc 3500 srw duramax and it just made the ride HORRIBLE. It was so bad, I felt like I was ruining the truck just driving to work. I took them right out.
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i have them and have nothing bad to say. they help the truck hold the plow a lot better. when the plow is off, the ride is fine to me, just feels alot stiffer and you can feel every bump, but nothing i would complain about.
  4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I had them on a 2000 2500 i had, and plan on installing them on my 2007 NBS when i get a little extra cash.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The truck runs better with them on. A little stiffer ride, but it is a work truck and that is what I use it for so I have no complaints. I did not put them on the rear. I installed firestone HD airbags. With the truck loaded it drives like a dream...

I run them on my truck and they made the ride a whole lot better with the 800# plow attached. Getting them for the rear soon to help with a load of salt.
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I have them and the ride is a little rough with the plow on but I REALLY need them to stop the suspension from bottoming out. The control arms and timbrens touch as soon as I lift the plow.