1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trevier, Feb 19, 2014.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

Just went over this with a guy who sells both, says the leveling kit will keep the smooth ride with more height than the timbrens. Just curious to everyone's opinion. Going on my 07 classic 1500 ext cab.

2. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I would go for the leveling kit. Check out bilstein leveling kits. You might want to add the differential drop too. The dif drop is only like $30. The leveling kit will give you a smoother ride while the timbrens just make you bottom out sooner. The bilstein kit is an adjustable height kit, it goes from stock height to 2.5 inches of lift, I would set it on the highest one and get that 2.5'' of lift. Let us know how ya make out.

3. chevy2003

chevy2003 Junior Member
    from indiana

I have the timbrens on my 2003 Silverado Z71 ext cab, the front timbrens set on the axle all the time which makes for a stiffer ride. The timbrens for your truck may not, but if I was to do over again and had money to throw out the door, I would try lift kit or airbags on the front.....

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have both in my 07 2500hd, on my 13 2500hd just a leveling kit.