1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jay146992, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jay146992

Jay146992 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado K3500 CC duramax diesel. I am getting a new western MVP 8.5 V plow installed this week and I want to make sure my suspension is ready. I am going to install a new set of bilstein HD shocks and maybe timbrens or a leveling kit. Would you recommend timbrens or a leveling kit for my truck?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If the torsion bars haven't been touched yet, give them 4 turns and you should be fine. You could do the Timbrens but a leveling kit isn't needed

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Timbrens will support and transfer the weight to the frame, Leveling kit will still let the suspension absorb the weight. I like Timbrens and wouldn't plow with out them again on IFS vehicles. You can get a little height from the torsion bars (if it has them) to level it off with out the plow on and still put on the Timbrens to support the weight of the plow. Thats what I did with my Tahoe
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I'd never hang a plow on a truck without the timbrens period. They save your frame. I'd try what Nichols' said. Turn the t-bars and stick some timbrens in to save the frame when you bottom out.
  6. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Have pretty much the same set up as you. Turn up the bars and add the Timbrens they are worth the $