1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or Coilover shocks?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Machu10, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Machu10

Machu10 Junior Member
    from iowa

I wanna beef up my front end on my 92 Sonoma,
    I am either gonna add timbrens or Monroe coilovers,
    my t bars are already cranked about 1 1/2 turns to bring it back up after the V8 conversion,
    I should be able to crank them some more if I had to,
    The Monroe's are actually made for the rear of a Chrysler mini van, the mounts are the same as the Sonoma front shocks so they SHOULD mount up, they are supposed to add up to 500lbs of extra support,
    the timbrens are made for the Sonoma, and I guess most of you know what their about,
    what would be a better choice? timbrens or coilovers? or both? money wise its not that big of a difference, about $100 for the shocks and $179 for the timbrens,

Also if I do go with the timbrens, and add a little lift by cranking the t bars should I install them so that there making contact at all time? or should I leave some gap between the a-arm and timbren?

Thanks in advance