1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or Air Bags

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Summerlawn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Summerlawn

Summerlawn Member

I have a 2012 F250 and I ordered a Wideout on Friday. $6150 installed if anyone was wondering on current pricing. I am still worried the plow is too big for the truck, but everyone (including Quickmatch) says it will fit. I want to put something up front to help with the weight. So, Timbrens or Firestone Air Bags? The timbrens are maintenance free, but it seems like the air bags would work better since they are in contact with suspension parts all the time.

2. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I will let you know in a few days. I have an F250 with bags and on-board compressor, works great and no problems. Had it for several years. I have a 8-6 MVP on it. Just bought another F250 and a new MVP to go on it and I ordered Timbrens. No reason, I just like to try different things. Heard good things about them. I know I will have more control with the bags, but sometimes I get tires of messing with the pressure as my salt load gets lower, or airing them up when I get a new pallet.

3. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

Timbrens are bomb proof and will never get holes or leak. I have them on 6 trucks front and back. A couple of times the hardware rotted and the timbrens fell off. I contacted the dealer and the warrantied the timbrens and sent me a new set for no charge. The timbrens actually are in contact with the lower a arm all the time so it stiffens the ride a little bit, but starts taking a load as soon as the suspension is loaded down.