1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on Ford f-250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KRC, Oct 2, 2003.

1. KRC

KRC Junior Member

I'm new to plowsite.com. I've been reading recently on here people asking about putting timbrens on there trucks. They have been asking if it would affect the ride without the plow on. The answer is YES, I put a set of Timbrens on my 2003 Ford F-250 SD yesterday and it rides like a BUCK BOARD. I have noticed a big difference. Thats ok though, I would rather have a rough ride then a truck that sags with the plow on. Has anyone else run into this problem????:waving:

Kevin

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

If it rides that hard then your front springs are probably to soft.They should not affect ride quality that much.

Do you have any heavy stuff like a winch or aftermarket bumper ? Are they the correct part number and installed correctly ?

3. KRC

KRC Junior Member

I think the reason they are so stiff is because I have the lighter duty front springs, They are the 4400lb springs. That is the reason I put the timbrens on. Any ideas how to fix it???. I was looking for a cheap fix. I didnt want to have to buy new springs

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You want the X code springs.They will give you some extra capacity.Available at any Ford dealer,and not too hard to change.

5. KRC

KRC Junior Member

Do you know how much they will cost??? And will it hurt my truck or the Timbrens if I keep the same springs and run the timbrens??? I can live with the rough ride as long as it doesnt hurt my truck??

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

I believe they are about $250.00 for a pair.Call your local Ford dealer to confirm prices.Make sure they give you wholesale price.

7. KRC

KRC Junior Member

Any Idea if it will hurt my truck if I run the 4400lb springs with the timbrens?

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

It won't hurt it at all,it will just ride a bit rough,that's all.

9. KRC

KRC Junior Member

Thank you for your help!!!!

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

No problem,and Welcome to Plowsite. :drinkup:

11. KRC

KRC Junior Member

Thank you for your help!!!!