1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on F250?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JaysLawns, Nov 9, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

I have a 2004 Ford F250 5.4 L Gas with the 5200lb fawr. Im getting a boss 8 2 v plow installed wednesday. I dont have the snow plow prep package so do you guys recommend timbrens for the front and would a bigger tranny cooler be a must also? Thanks to all that reply.

Jay

2. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

Forgot to mention its a regular cab long box and im getting a snow ex 575 spreader installed also.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2002 F250 and put the tinbrens on it a couple years ago.

4. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

how do you like them? Does it sag at all in the front? What plow are you running on it? How does the ride quality suffer? Thanks

Jay

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have the same truck as you, but when I installed the timbrens, I thought the quality of ride increased.

I don't think your truck needs them, but I would still recommend them.

Truck barely sags because of the timbrens and ballast....soon to be spreader.

6. My 2002 F250 does not sag at all in the front with the plow mounted, even with no ballast in the back. The back sags when the plow is off though, so I added SuperSprings. That's not what you asked about. Sorry. :eek: