1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on a 2008 F-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PPS. inc, Nov 18, 2009.

1. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

I was installing mine and started on the passenger side. There is a break like right where it seats to the truck? Anybody else ever ran into this problem. There is no break line on the driver side. I know I cant bend the line. so whats the deal with that? anyhelp would be grt.

2. piperpm

piperpm Member

I've attached pictures of the Timbrens installed on my 2007 Ford... It certainly looks like a tight fit between the right-side brake line and the Timbren mount. Also included a picture of my plow. Shiny and new, just waiting for snow!

DSC02743.JPG

DSC02746.JPG

DSC02750.JPG

3. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

so u didnt crush the break line? My timbrens fit tight all the way to the frame. Most certainly no way to get them over the break line without crushing them. I had to follow the break line, unsnap it from the frame so I could get lots of room and I put the timbren under the break line. Then VERY carefully kinda formed the break line back into place but over the timbren. All is good so far with no break issue or rubbing issues. Thanks for your input. Let me know what you think. Plow is mounted up and pics coming soon.

4. piperpm

piperpm Member

I'm hoping the mechanic didn't crush it ... no problems yet but I know it was a tight fit for sure...