1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on a 09 F350??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rubberduck, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rubberduck

rubberduck Junior Member

Recently bought a 9ft Xblade and was wondering if anyone uses or needed to add timbrens or airkit to keep the truck from bottoming out? The truck came from the factory with a snow plow prep package but with further inspection there not heavy duty coil springs, any input would be much apperciated.

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Put some heavy duty coils up front.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I wouldn't think so if ti has a plow prep package. My 07 f350 holds my western 8.6 pro plus with a back drag bar (weighs about 80#s) just fine even over speed bumps.

4. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

My 05 did great on holding the plow I think the problem may be that the mounts on the 08-10 have to be installed lower as my mount will scare once and a while.

5. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

plow prep should come with 6000lbs front springs witch will hold any plow short of a big rig plow.

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Its a f350 what do you need timbrens for its not a chevy or dodge