1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on a 08 f250 rear

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Drottlawn, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

So I bought a rear timbren kit for my f250. Installing was kind of a pain. My problem was the timbrens hit with no load, so I removed the extra puck. Redid it and still hit the stop. This is a personal truck also, so I was looking for a inch gap or more when empty. To achieve this, I ended up removing the puck and timbren bracket and just bolting the timbren to the frame. I had to grind alittle of the timbren to get it to clear one side of the frame rail, but it works. I have a 2"+ gap now. perfect!

So my question is, has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

i was actually going to buy timbrens for the front of my 99 f250 but instead i took bump stops from a toyota 4runner and used them. as for the back i have airlift 5000 lb air bags and they are awesome! they were on there when i got the truck but you can pick a set up for $230. mine are manual fill but still. from looking at them..very easy install. and my truck stays level under all the loads i have put it under