1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on '98 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mreinke, Oct 29, 2004.

1. mreinke

mreinke Junior Member

I installed a set of timbrens on the front of my '98 Dodge 1500 last year and love them. But I notice the ride without the plow on is very rough and the timbrens are always touching the front axle. Does anyone have a suggestion to get a smoother ride?

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The only way is to take them off. Some guys only put them on in the winter season. :waving:
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure about the 1500 but on my 3500 they are welded on. I don't think they come off that easy. In my case it seems like a better ride to me. Less roll. JMO
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the only real solution is seasonal useage, however if you want to get daring take them off and take a utility knife and slice off about ¼-½" then they wont contact the axle all the time, however that also means ½-¾" more droop with a load, your call

5. mreinke

mreinke Junior Member

Thanks for the response. I think I will go back to seasonal use and just take them off in the spring.

thanks again