1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens on 1/2 ton Chevy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Indy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Timbrens taken the load on my "fleet"

Pic of Indyplower 002.jpg

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

sorry, started to post in Boss/Chevy thread and thought some might like to see the ride height with Boss/Chevy and Timbrens ( a little operator error):salute:

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice, they are good to have, did you get them on the back too?

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

This is just a set on the front with NO torsion bar changed, it rides just like that not alot of bob'n and sway'n

I don't have any ont eh back and the phot has about 450 LBs of salt in the bed plus the spreader and 40 lvbs in the spreader.

Rides like a champ, when I first got this set up it drove around for a week and couldn/t take the bounce and bob and weave while driving plut the recorery of the plow was bounce.

Ever truck I plow with will have timbrens period.

Good Luck:salute:

5. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Do you think all plow trucks need timbrens I was thinking about them for my truck but not sure if I need them

6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

MY answer would be yes, I think light to midweight trucks should have them and I will likely have them on every truck I plow with unless it has a major front end support system for range of motion weight transfer.

Timbrens are sweet for recover (when you lift the plow at the end of a row or run and when you are travelling over dips or rises like rRR tracks and the like) you just don't get that pescy third and forth bounce

I didn't want them or the expense at first, then I kept on this site for 6 months before signing on and I tried them as "advise" form some experienced pros...........money well spent and I won't be without them

Somehow I feel it is keeping my repairs down because it stops the twist and sway motions pretty will

Good Luck:salute:

7. roadking88

roadking88 Member

do you have the timbrens on the front only???? are they hard to install?? i have the same truck only a gmc z71 and a mms 7 1/2 on it...

8. bosslover

bosslover Member

i have a 04 super duty and i have a 8'2" steel power v and my front end barley moves now theres a guy around town that a has a newer f-150 with an 8'2" what a joke with no timberens he needs them i bet when he hits a bump his front end hits or his tires rub but if you have a smaller truck i would get them my boss dealer said my truck would be a waist of money or the effort. good luck plowing

9. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Not had to install at all and yes I just have them on the front......:nod: