1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens on '06 dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bubajuk, Oct 22, 2006.

1. bubajuk

bubajuk Junior Member

This is my first year with an '06 2500 quad 8ft. HEMI gasser w/ 8ft. boss straight blade. Thinking I want front timbrens but have nothing to base it on other than slight sag w/ plow attached.(truck has plow prep pkg.) Any reason not to? Don't mind spending the dough unless it's a total waste. Thoughts please.

Thanks

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I personally put them on any truck with a plow on, help the sag like you said. They go in really easy.

3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Heres a TIP O' the Day for ya...we use >spring rubbers<......yep, just like NASCAR. Works great and ya just yank them out when the season is over or not going to plow for a while.:drinkup:

4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I have a 06 Dodge 2500 CTD. Just put the timbrens in on my truck and noticed a difference even without the plow just going around corners and over curbs! They are a great addition instead of spring rubbers because they completely take the extra stress out of the suspension system. That keeps your springs and shocks from becoming overworked by the weight of the plow and also by potholes ( if you live in Cleveland). lol They were well worth the extra money on my truck, although I do have a lot more weight on the front end with the Cummins.