1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens on 02 gmc x-cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by roadking88, Nov 4, 2008.

1. roadking88

roadking88 Member

anybody ever put on timbrens on a 02 gmc or chevy??? it looks like there is a bolt of some sort holding the stock ones on from underneath.i cant see if it's a hex or allen cap or whatever...is that the way to put on timbrens??? how big of a job is it...if thats all you have to do is take off 1 bolt that holds on the stock ones then 1 bolt to mount timbrens,that's a piece of cake...

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I did them on my 2000 a few weeks ago. Yep, thats all you have to do, unbolt the old ones and bolt the new ones on, as simple as that.

3. roadking88

roadking88 Member

what size bolt was it?? thanks

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

the timbrens come with everything you need.

02 Ext Cab, short bed

5. roadking88

roadking88 Member

ok thanks.it looks easy to install

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Easy to put on, But i broke one. I called albany springs where I got them adn never heard of any one breaking one. But then I realized I need new tie rods, idler arm and pittman arm. So that may have contributed to it breaking. the rubber did not crack, but the washer inside ripped from the rubber. only on one side. they sent me a new one yesterday. The right side one seems fine, if it goes I will call and have them ship me one for that side also. one bolt to install....

7. roadking88

roadking88 Member

wow that sucks..did they charge you??

8. roadking88

roadking88 Member

well i got er done..turned up torsion bars 4 to 5 turns and put on timbrens...what a difference..it raised the truck over 2 inches in the front doing both..it rides alot better and corners alot better.cant wait to put the plow on and see the difference..

9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you put the wedge in the right way ? ? ? Should point toward the frame...

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

No, lifetime warranty on timbrens.. Pretty good deal...:salute: