1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens no good

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Dec 5, 2003.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

i just installed a set of timbrens on the front of my f350. however earlier this fall i also upgraded my front leaf spring by adding an additional leaf to both sides. after i installed the timbrens and connected the plow i still have a gap between the axle and timbren. i know my truck got lifted with the leaf springs but i still thought the timbrens would help.....about 3/4 inch of space when plow is lifted

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

martin,

I find that hard to believe, i installed them on my 03 250 with out the spring upgrade and the they immediately touched the frame when I let the thing down. Also my truck bounces around now really bad with out the plow on, kinda fells as though it has square wheels.

The timbrens were set up for the stock spring set up, this is probably why you have this gap now. :eek: