1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens Needed?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Stone Property, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Stone Property

Stone Property Junior Member

I just bought an 05 F350 diesel and a Boss 9.2 Poly V which weighs the front end down quite a bit. Do I need Timbrens or anything else?
  2. Budz

Budz Junior Member

I put a Blizzard 810 on my '04 F350 SuperDuty last year. It put a lot of weight on the front also. I decided to just add a leaf to each front spring. Cost was $325 installed, and it only took a day. I don't know anything about the Timbren's, but I think you have to drill into the frame to mount them, and I didn't want to do that. Plus I think they're more expensive than adding spring's.

Just added the spring's recently, and they seem to have done the trick.

Just my .02 from a newbie plow guy.......:confused:
  3. MBB

MBB Senior Member

99 f 350 blizzard 810 v10 put on timbrens not enough, added a leaf to front perfect. leafs rated 500lbs ea.
  4. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

timbren require no drilling. You remove your existing bumpstops. two bolts per side. Timbrens are fairly inexpensive. 150 at most.
    Adding a leaf spring to your stack is a great idea but can usually cost more in labour. You may need to remove your plow harness and bumper and requires proper torquing of your U-bolts.

5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

First and foremost, the '05 Super Duty has coil springs in front. There are no leaf springs to add. Secondly, Timbrens are around $150.00 delivered, which is a much cheaper and easier alternative for the "backyard mechanic."

Stone Property, does the '05 have the plow prep package? If not, for a few hundred bucks you can go to your local Ford dealer and order the factory installed coil springs that are part of the plow prep package and put them in yourself.

Just my .02¢
  6. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I was wondeing the same thing. I have an 05 with a fisher v and man does the front end sag. I have the plow prep in mine. When angled all the way my plow sits about 1 inch of the ground.
  7. Stone Property

Stone Property Junior Member

Thanks guys. I do have the 05 plow package and just like your fisher chris k, it sits about 1 inch above the ground when fully angled. I think I'll order the Timbrens as I don't have springs.
    Thanks again!
  8. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Stone Property- please let me know how they work out for you. Good Luck