1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens needed on a 2500HD???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Boondox, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I plowed my road and farm for years with a Timbren-enhanced 1500, but this year I moved up to a 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 work truck. Do they handle the weight of the plow okay or should I plan on installing Timbrens?

TIA, Pete

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You will be fine with out them.

I installed them front and rear on my 3/4 tons.

O.K. scenario You have the plow on and counter weight in the back or a load of salt.

You drop the plow and the front goes up (your lights are barley shining on the ground)
    The timbrens in the rear will help stop this and to have them on the front is nice when you are loaded down and hit that big bump (dip) in the road.

You know how they work..

I was not a believer in them, until I tried them. Their fairly cheep so why not?

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes buy a set and also crank those Torsion Bars 5 turns. The turning of the T bars will give you a little more ground clearance and the Tiberens will help carry the weight of the plow. They run about 150 bucks and well worth it.

Regards Mike

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sounds like good advise!

5. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

were are you getting them at 150???? everywhere around me is 250+ i need a set for my 92 1500 and my 06 2500hd. any info would be great. thanks

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Look at the top right corner.. Albany spring...:rolleyes:

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi JLK
    That's what I paid last fall from a company here in Michigan called J Thomas 1-800-828-7980. They shipped them right to my house.

Good Luck Mike

8. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I hope that is installed. It's about 1/2 hour labor.. that comes out to 200 and hour..:eek:

9. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have a set of rear timbrens on ebay now no reserve.

If anyone is interested i have a set of rear timbrens i took off my 2002 2500 hd chevy. part# gmrck25s They had very little use. Ebay item# 250028617066 no reserve...

10. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

Just got Timbrens installed on my '98 GMC K1500 for $200 installed at the Curtis Factory Direct Store in Worcester, MA...

11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That's reasonable. You'll be happy with them, I know I am.

12. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

They installed my plow yesterday too... 7-1/2 footer with the hitch and run mount and thier new pistol grip controller... I LOVE the setup... now all I need is some snow....

13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Good luck with you new setup.

I know.. I will be here soon.

Dont forget to wax that new blade!

14. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

Thanks for the well wishes....

What should I use on the blade/frame assembly to protect it from rust???

I'm already using dielectric grease on all electrical connectors, and white lithium grease on the cylinders and the part of the mount where it slides into the truck... but what do you reccommend, if anything to use on everything else?

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

my front end hardley moves at all