1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens, Need 'em or Not?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by wake5150, Dec 19, 2005.

1. wake5150

wake5150 Junior Member

Guys,
    I'm looking to put Blizzard 680LT, Homesteader, or maybe Snoway on my 99 4.0L TJ, 30x10.5 tires. This is a summer / extra vehicle for me.

I will use it only to plow my own driveway.... I might possibly drive 4 miles to plow family, but probably not.

Is it absolutely necessary to put Air Shocks or Timbrens on this rig? I worry about putting them on and having the Jeep bounce around in the summer, or whenever I drive it. Especially worried about highway speeds.

Thanks
    Chris

2. Scrambler22

Scrambler22 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I sure wouldn't. Those plows aren't that heavy. I don't have them on mine and I got 575# blade on my 2000. Don't know how much more weight my lift springs carry over stock but once you put your counter weight in the back I seriouly doubt you having to.

3. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

I am running a 7.5' ST-90 meyer and about 400lbs of balast in the rear. I don't have any timbrens and frankly don't need them. My front end only squats about an inch to inch and a half when I pick up the plow. I have seen 1 ton trucks that squat harder than my CJ.