1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens installed in 550 FRONT END

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ADMSWELDING, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I must say these work great the ride is like night and day and hitting pot hole is not transfered thru out the truck.just order a second set for the front of my 350 99sd pu.Also great service from the guys at albany spring co. drinkup:

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I'm assuming you already have the X - 6k lb springs up front...I don't mean to sound like an a$$, but would you mind describing the ride in more detail if you're able to? I have thought about adding them to my 550, but figured since it doesn't drop at all with the 9' fisher, they wouldn't make much difference.
    Thanks

3. ADMSWELDING

not sure about the 6k up front but i did order the truck with the plow prep package if that is what you mean?the truck is a 04 550 the ride is stiff changing lanes on hiway and cornering on back roads there is less sway keep in mind this is my welding rig w/ 2 millers weighing a total of 2400lbs and a air compressor at 500lbs truck weighing all of 16,800lbs i,m very impressed with the difference and would recomend them .

4. Kosty

Kosty Member

i dont know how u ppl like it but i hate mine, im having problems with tires on my 05 F250. i rotate them every 5000 miles and out of the orginal set i got 18000 out of them and thier about 30% left and these new winter tires i put on i got about 5000 miles on them and the front tires are chopped bad.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would be willing to bet that it's not the Timbrens making you tires do that. I would have your front end checked out a good front end shop.

6. ADMSWELDING

KOSTY,sound like you have a alignment problem,but these timbrens have made a great improvement in the ride and corning sway of my truck.

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I agree! 100%

8. Kosty

Kosty Member

I did three of them with the plows on and off and the salters and it all checks out fine