1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens for a f150?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by adhiggie, Oct 27, 2009.

1. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

I have been reading several threads about Timbrens and other options for load supports on trucks. 2 Questions. 1. Is it needed? 2. What is best/most cost effective?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. piperpm

piperpm Member

I'm using front Timbrens on my F-150 4x4 with a 7.5' Air Flo Plow (Carbon Steel) and they made a world of difference. That coupled with some new ball joints, good tires and some ballast weight in the back (about 300-400 lbs. of salt bags) and it runs well. I highly recommend the Timbrnes, especially for 1/2 tons. Got a set for $220 (CAN)

3. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

If I put them on should it be on the front or back? (I am guessing front.)

4. piperpm

piperpm Member

for plowing, on the front for sure. If you are intending on hauling any heavy loads in the back or by trailer, install the back ones as well. They are very cost effective and I am impressed with the enhancement they provide to the suspension. I couldn't run my plow properly without them.