1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens for a '89F250?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by YLC1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. YLC1

YLC1 Junior Member

I have bought a Meyer 7.5 plow for a 89F250hd and wanted to know if I need to put a set of Timbrens on this truck.The truck has the 460 gas engine.This is my first plow and probaly won't be used much here in NC.Thanks,Richard
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I don't have them on my truck and I have a 4 spring Husky plow. This trucks been a plow truck it's whole life.
  3. YLC1

YLC1 Junior Member

Thanks Micki.I hope to have the plow on by month end.Maybe I'll get to use it this season.payup
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Mines been mounted and ready to plow for the last 2 months ! All repairs and parts that need to be replaced have been done.
    It bummm's me out this is the same winter we had last year !
  5. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I bought some fronts and rears for my truck. Haven't installed them yet though. Not really motivated with this warm weather... May have a record high this Saturday per the weatherman... :cool:

Mine has the 460 in it as well. With this 7.5' plow it squats a little, but not too bad. I bought the front ones just for the hell of it I guess...

The back is another story. I have a 2 cubic yard spreader, and it seems the salt they always loaded on me last winter was wet. So after one scoop my truck was squating hard. I'm not that worried about breaking the truck, but when it squats like that, my headlights point to the sky. Then they gradually come back down as the spreader empties. So that's probably my main reason for the rears, to keep my headlights on the road.