1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens For a 2500 Ram

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rhinohd, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Where can I get some of these online and do they make that big a diffrence? I have a Diesel 2500 Ram quadcab. How hard are they to install? Thanks!

2. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

stengelbros.com They made a big difference on my 2004 Chevy it only squats about a half of a inch now compared to a 2 inch sag before

3. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Mine sags about an inch. Do I even need them?

4. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Hi. Do you have the snow plow prep package? I have a 2001 and I thought I had the SPPrep but I don't. My passenger side coil spring has a tag that says 039 and the driver's says 046. I'm under the impression the pass. side would be a 046 and dr/side an 047 if it came w/ the SPPrep.
    I'm getting a heavyup at a truck spring shop because I need the lift for some tires I bought that are rubbing but I plowed the last two years w/out the HD springs and didn't have a problem.
    I would have gotten the heavier springs eventually because I don't wanna put any unnecessary wear and tear on the front end. I'll treat IT nice and it'll treat ME nice.

5. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

I hear Big Nate on this forum has them for a good price.

Got mine at Michigan Truck Spring, their website is www.truckspring.com

Got mine for $143 ...They have free shipping to all lower 48 states....I had to pay $35 for shipping to Alaska.... :realmad:

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I put them on mine and I have a 3500 Dodge. Every little bit helps.

7. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I'm new to the snow removal business...just starting this year!

I hear Timbrens being mentioned on this site often. Could somebody please explain what they are? I also have a Dodge 2500 HD, should I look into geting Timbrens? Thanks for the help and patience! :help:

8. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I found out what Timbrens are...http://www.timbren.com/

Went to google and typed in "Timbren". How much do they typically run for a truck? Thanks again! :D

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

About $150.00. And yes I would get them.

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Big Nate will ship them to your door for $138.00

11. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

a-la correction $135 to your door til december then it goes to $140 to your door :)

I dont have a picture of dodge timbrens but I have a pic of chevy timbrens installed it should help illustrate what they do

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  12. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

So do I only need them for the front? What do they do to the ride of the truck?

13. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

they will stiffen up the ride a bit because they are essentially a longer bumpstop that makes contact with the axle 100% of the time

14. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

On the Dodge they dont make contact all the time. I put the stiffer springs in mine along with the timbrens, huge difference with the plow off I dont even know they are there.