1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens for 94 Bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by L.I.Mike, Nov 15, 2004.

1. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I will be plowing with my Bronco and was thinking of putting Timbrens on it. My last Bronco had air bags in the front springs and were OK but I was always fighting little air leaks. I know the Timbrens thread has been beat to death but what is the ride like with the Timbrens and no plow? Very rough?
    I use this truck as a daily driver and do not want a real stiff ride.
    Has anyone put these on their bronco and with what results.
    Thanks for the info. :waving:

Gotta love the turning radius of these Bronco's
  2. ToyotaPusher

ToyotaPusher Junior Member

Go ahead and put them on. Timbrens on my Toyota actually IMPROVED handling. And I don't even know they are there.....
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

In theory the Timbrens only touch the frame / engage when there is heavy weight on the front end. Unless the springs have got a lot of sag this should be true.
    They take the place of the factory bump stops on the frame.
    If anything they would act as more stiffer anti sway on the front end which is a good thing for handling. :)
  4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

The Timbrens will work well with your front suspension. You have the D-44TTB front end. It was one of the biggest screwups Ford ever contrived. Basically, the pig and steering knuckles are from a Dana-44 but the Twin Traction Beam suspension is for crap. The Timbrens will improve your ride with the plow both on and off. They will ride just as good as air bags but with no air leaks and are a ton easier to install.
  5. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Thanks Guys, I had the air bags and they were not what I expected. I ordered the timbrens and will see how they work.
    Mike S