1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens...before & after pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Up North, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Made a big difference. Earlier this season I cranked up the torsions, made a little, very little difference. Added Timbrens last night...big difference. Easy to install, less then 30 minutes on the actual install. Tip...spray silicone on the Timbren and the cup it get inserted into, pops right in. (courtesy of Bad Luck, his idea originally.) The truck definitely sits higher and eliminates the sag entirely. AND, it rides like a truck now, just like it should.

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

another before shot, sorry so dark but was anxious to put them on.

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

maybe this will be a better pic, this is from last season.

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

and the after. Much better, especially when looking at that last pic.

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

A little humor...after installing the Timbrens last night I came in to find my 2 year old wanting to go outside. He'd put his boots, neck-wrap, and hat on, wife said he was ticked that he couldn't go out with me and took matters into his own hands and got himself dressed, well, sort of...:rolleyes:

6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Wow. That looks great buck. I need to get some for my truck.
  7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Wow! :eek: What a paint job! Looks like a custom show car!

Your pictures really show the difference.

So, on those before pics, you didn't have the T-Bars cranked any? Right.

If anything, your CV joints will live a long life!

Nice comparo!
  8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thanks TLS. Actually if I would have had my choice I wouldn't of gone for a custom paint job like that due to dings & scratches being harder to take care of. But I got such a good deal from my bro-in-law I couldn't pass it up, and besides I'm pretty anal when it comes to taking of my truck, washing, waxing, detailing etc.. I just feel the better you take care of them the longer they'll last, the truck is a 2000 with 107,400 miles on it and still as strong as the day I bought it with 24,000 on it.

Anyway, the first two pics were from last night, the torsions were cranked on those. The third was from last season, hadn't done anything at that point, just installed the plow and went plowing. Fourth pic is with torsions cranked & Timbrens installed, big difference.

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very, very big difference! I think you just sold me on timbrens...:)
  10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Here's the place to get them. Albany Spring Service. Outstanding service and good prices too. Mine were $155, free shipping. If you buy two sets, (front & rear, or whatever) they give you another 10% off. The communication with them is great, as soon as the order is processed they call or email you, then send you an invoice in the mail. You know exactly what's going on at all times. Some other guys ordered from them too with good results. Here's their link:

11. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

That is a big differance. The paint job looks great!!
  12. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Looks much better! I will be placing an order through Albany very soon!
  13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

just wondering. After cranking the torsion bars I had an alignment done, would it be possible I may need another one now that it sits higher with the Timbrens?

14. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

:dizzy: I can't believe the difference. I am having my truck done very soon. I've got a 98 GMC 2500 and it should make a big difference. BTW nice truck
  15. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

Albany Spring has just come aboard as a sponsor of the site and their graphics and links should be up soon...
  16. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

LoL are those boots on backwards?...
  17. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

If it sits higher with no load/plow then yes it would be a good idea. How long ago did you have it done? Out here some places warrenty them for 6 months.
  18. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Buck - Glad to see you added those things! They made a heck of a difference! Trucks looking goos too. Just as a fyi, I did not need an alignment after adding the Timbrens and cranking the T-bars, but all trucks are different.

Your son is a pissser!!!! You should take him out with you and let him work the controls!! I did that with my nephew now all he talks about is putting a plow on his power wheels Jeep!
  19. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Glad to hear that Sean. They are some good guys to work with. I normally don't tout many companies because as a customer it's expected that you should receive good service, but these guys really stood out.

Glad it worked out Sean, both Plowsite.com & Albany Spring should benefit, as well as the members.

20. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Playboy, it looks like his boots are on just fine this time...however he's been known to run around with them on the wrong feet every once in a while.

Bad Luck,
    Yeah both my boys go out plowing with me from time to time. My 4 year old has it down pat, he knows exactly when to raise and lower the plow, needs a little help when stacking but he'll get the hang of it by the time he's 5.:nod: My 2 year in the pic above, loves to run the plow to but it's pretty eratic...afraid he may burn out the pump so he only gets minimal time with the controller. But as we're driving...there's not one plow that drives by without him letting us know about it...DADDY! PLOW, PLOW DADDY!!!:bluebounc

I'll wait on the alignment, but it seems to be veering a bit to the left, will keep an eye on it.