1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens... Any user feedback?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MRBachand, Oct 12, 2009.

1. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

We all know how our Torsion bars love heavy plows...

Anyone have real use feedback of timbrens?

If so, how heavy of a plow do you have? Diesel? Do they help alot? Or just squish down?
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Makes your truck ride like a lumber wagon...... in my gas and diesel, 1100 lbs plow or 800 lbs plow

If i could do it over i would try the air ride air cells, looks like a bit better idea... I have air ride airbags in the rear of my 1 truck and i love them!
  3. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Truck in my signature...I found the factory bump stops were worm out pretty bad so I would have replaced those either way. I went with timbrens and yes it is a stiffer ride, my front end rides higher with the plow raised. I would choose the timbrens over factory stops if I could do it again. I do not have experience with any other products to compare.
  4. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Chevy truck in my sig has enjoyed the timbrens even when not hauling the plow. I actually prefer the firmer ride quality because it was downright soggy with the factory bumpstops due to the excessive weight of the D-Max. The progressively firmer nature of Timbrens makes it handle much nicer and not flop side-to-side when you back out of a driveway with a significant curb drop.

This subject has been argued back and forth for years on this board. Use the search button and it will take a week for you to read 'em all.
  5. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Chevy truck in my sig. I have them on it and they do make a difference. My truck rides higher with them and it helps a lot with the bigger tires. They would rub if I did not have them. I would recommend them. They are cheap and work great.
  6. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

My bump stops fell out, ... I thought they were just there to protect bottoming out issues. I Have em but bolts rusted out. ... Didn't realize they did everyday 'work' ?
  7. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

The bump stops are an interal part of the GM independent front suspension design. Even sitting still, they are supposed to be supporting some weight. They don't become completely unloaded until the suspension is almost fully extended. As the suspension compresses, the bump stops become progressively firmer to dampen further compression. It takes a LOT of bump to bottom them out. Running without even the stock bump stops must suck. Get some new ones, or better yet, Timbrens. Spray Fluid Film all over the bolts after you get them installed. If you aren't a fan of Fluid Film yet, they have their own Plowsite forum. If you send a PM to Dano50 and he'll send you a free sample.