1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrenes, readylift, superkey or sumosprings

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gander54, Jan 2, 2010.

1. gander54

gander54 Junior Member

Hello everyone, I need a little help deciding what to purchase. I have a 01 1500HD Chevy with a firestone air ride in the back and air shocks in the front. I was wanting to add timbrenes to help with the sag. Also how rough do the timbrenes make your ride when you don't have the plow on? And when I was doing my research I looked at the readylift, the superkeys and the sumosprings. I was thinking of adding the superkeys and the sumosprings. But I would like all the input you have to help me out. Thanks and Happy new year

2. gander54

gander54 Junior Member

anybody? any info?

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If you have air shocks in the front why do you need more? just pump them up.

4. gander54

gander54 Junior Member

even with them pumped up my tires rub when turning when in travel. So i thought another addition might help

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I have keys in mine with 285's it doesn't rub.

6. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

I have timbrens on my ford, and I haven't noticed any difference in the ride!

7. gander54

gander54 Junior Member

thanks for the input guys

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If the tires are rubbing you have somthing else out of wack.

9. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I have timbrens on a 2500hd and love em for money

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Timbrens do make it a stiffer ride, especially when you are already in a smooth GM compared to the fords. You will notice a difference.

11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I have always had Timbrens in my plow trucks and would tell anybody to get them. I personality didn't feel any difference in the ride. For the money it is the way to go!

12. gander54

gander54 Junior Member

thanks for all the input.....