1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DuramaxPowered, Nov 29, 2008.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have a 1998 chevy 2500 4x4. I need timbrens for the front of it and timbren offers 2 options or part #"s. One is for a cast lower front arm control and the other is for a stamped lower front arm control. I am unsure what part is the lower front arm control. Does anyone have a picture they can post? Also is it easy to tell cast from a stamped one? I emailed a timbren guy and he said it was hard to tell apart. Can anyone help? I will take pictures but i don't know how to post on here. I can email you if someone can help me. Thanks alot....

2. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

to post pics, "reply to thread', at the bottom of that screen click on the yellow "Manage Attachments" button. The find your pic and upload it.

3. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

If it's a 2500HD (8 lug), you have the cast arms - that part number is GMFK25S. The regular 2500 (6 lug) has the stamped control arms.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I don't know if that is true. I had a 96' 2500 8lug with stamped arms. Duramax the way to tell, the stamped arm is welded together. The cast arm is a solid casting, molten metal poured into a mold. The lower control arm is the bottom arm going to the wheel from the frame.

5. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I will try this now. Thanks!

It is in fact a 2500 hd with 8 lugs. I forgot the 6 lug 2500 trucks. I think i got it figured out now. Thanks!

OK i know which arm it is now. Yes mine is infact a 2500HD with 8 lugs. I can tell that it has the cast lower arm. Wanted to make sure that i had the correct arm so i order the proper set of timbrens. Thanks Guys!!!

6. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I will try this now. Thanks!

It is in fact a 2500 hd with 8 lugs. I forgot the 6 lug 2500 trucks. I think i got it figured out now. Thanks!

OK i know which arm it is now. Yes mine is infact a 2500HD with 8 lugs. I can tell that it has the cast lower arm. Wanted to make sure that i had the correct arm so i order the proper set of timbrens. Thanks Guys!!!

Picture 215.jpg

Picture 216.jpg

7. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Installation is easy - 15 minutes per side, and you don't even have to take the wheels off. It's a shame that the prices went up this year though. A quote from my local dealer: "Timbren called every single dealer in the spring and said that if they didn't raise their price to $202 [from $165] for a set that their dealer license would be revoked." I called a few other dealers and they had all raised their prices too...

8. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have a set of the timbrens on my Chevy 2500HD and yes they were simple to install. They work good. I just ordered a set of Monroe Muscles off a guy from Ebay tonight and i paid $130 shipped. I hope they are as good as timbrens. That was to good of a deal to pass up on. My local dealer for timbrens are alot higher than $202 also. I have been looking and the best price on ebay i found was like $176 or so with free shipping. I hope i made a wise choice.

9. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

my dealer sells them for $160 out the door.

10. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What the hell is Monroe Muscles... ? ? ? Never heard of them can you post some pics.. ? ? ?

11. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

That is a great price. I think this is how much i paid a few years back for mine.

12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where'd you get them for that price?