1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robhollar, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

OK here it is, I bought and received a set of Timbrens today. After looking it over i decided it wasn't going to be to bad so i fig id go out tonight and install them. It took a few Min's but i managed to pull the stock bump steer out allot quicker them i thought it would come out. And you know what they say when everything is going well: After checking numerous times that i had everything rite I was able to install them without jacking up the truck. Without the plow raised i had about an inch or so of air space between the Timbren. Now after i raised the plow i still had about 1/4 inch of air space. Is this rite? I was picturing in my mind that the lower A arm would be sitting on the Timbren at the install. I never installed these before so I'm not so sure what this is supposed to look like...Rob

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds about right. Sometimes they touch. Sometimes they don't. A lot of it depends on how tired your main springs are.

3. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

That sounds about right, but the real benefit is when you hit a bump or pot hole. That is when you will notice a big difference.

Steve

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

if it is on a ford then it is normal, if it is on a chevy it should contact the a-arm all the time, should be no gap whatsoever

gmccast timbren.jpg

5. Patriot

Patriot Junior Member

I suspect your torsion bars are cranked all the way if you have a GM. If so, that could be right.

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have them on my 250 and they touch all the time. They are not compressed when the plow is off but they are touching.

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Its on a k1500 chevy and i actually cranked them down last weekend. But i did buy it used so i dont know what somebady has done to them before i got it....Rob

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Well i went out and backed down the torsion bars just a hair more so now that they are just touching the Timbrens. What a differance in the ride, Thnx again guys....Rob