1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trevier, Dec 18, 2011.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I have a 2007 chevy,classic model, extended cab z71, I plow with it, a boss 7.5 super trip edge, I like to add some timbrens to the front end to raise it a little but also add a little bit a help to absorb the weight of my plow, will these work or should I add some other stuff,new shocks, truck has 86k miles on it, was going to get a new truck but I like having no payments, thanks matt

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Timbrens will help, crank up the torsion bars as well. Unless your going with air shocks or coil over shocks, regular shocks won't do anything

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

coil over shocks, will those fit on my truck?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should, may have to call a good parts store and find out. You might have to take some measurements to triple check.

5. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

07 chevy 1500 z71 1.5 body lift 2.5 t bar crank HOMEMADE timbrens on 315.70.17 tires (35s) i carry a 7.5 diamond which is close to 800lbs according to diamond website and my truck handles the plow just fine i have pics here of my truck... keep in mind i have no ballast in the bed. with ballast it levels out

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

6. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

i have 2 more pic but they arent loading right now ill try back later

7. Screamin!

Screamin! Junior Member

I have an 08 with Timbrens and a leveler kit. Does the trick perfect!

8. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

as you can see in my pic i used a hockey puck to fill the space after the Tbar crank. From the factory my truck was on the bump stops so i figured a puck to fill the space wouldnt affect the ride and it didnt. The puck was an inch difference with out it. really helped hold the plow up higher and still rides smooth. I didnt feel like spending the 200 on timbrens and this only took 20 min of my time to make works perfect.

photo-5.jpg

photo-2.jpg

9. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

What the puck, great idea.

10. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

How did you secure the hockey puck? I don't feel like spending 200.00 on timbrens either but, I need something.

11. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

how did you mount the bump stop to the hockey puck? ive thought about doing this but i cant figure out how to keep the factory bump stops

12. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

sorry for the late reply...all i did was use a carraige bolt, the top is rounded off i drill a hole threw the puck and then drilled a hole in the lower control arm and bolted it in place took me half hour to do it. i used half inch carraige bolts

13. 4d9

4d9 Junior Member
    from 49329

i bought a set of buyers for my new style 07 for about $120