1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren Stops or Leveling Kit? (2011 F350 4X4 SRW / Boss Power V))

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pvfdbb, Oct 15, 2012.

1. pvfdbb

pvfdbb Junior Member

I have an 8.5' Boss Power V and am looking for more clearance in the up position. The Timbren bump stop extensions look like a no brain'er but I wouldn't mind leveling out the truck at the same time and being able to run 35's. That would put me about 3.5" over stock with tires and leveling kit.

My mount is a dead-on 15.5" per spec now. I I have one more hole to lower the mount to, that's gets me down one inch. Then the mount would be 18" off ground with lift and tires. I wouldn't mind keeping the plow on a 2.5" riser. It's the downward travel and leveling that would be the issue.

Does anyone know if the Power V has enough adjustablity make up for riding 2.5" higher over spec? Boss seems to indicate that I'd be pushing it, which I can appreciate.

2. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

I dont know about your Boss but my 02 F350 has a 2.5in leveling kit, Timbrens, and 35in Toyo M/T's and my 8.5ft Western V can still sit perfect.