1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Lil'PlowinMan93, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

I've decided a want a 1500 4x4 and either a sno-way or meyers 7.5 poly plow. What would the ride be like if you just put timbrens in the front? Do you need them all around? Also consider ill buy a meyers hitch spreader and i'll be pulling a landscape trailer in the summer. I know i'll be fine with a 1500 but i just need to know which route to go with the timbrens.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have timbrens installed only on the front, and helper springs in the rear..

The ride is pretty nice I think..holds the plow nice and improves handling.

Go with the sno-way over the meyer for sure.

3. Lil'PlowinMan93

Thats what everyone is saying. I do like the fact that it has down-pressure for a nice clean cut.

4. MileHigh

Not only does it have down pressure, it has much faster hydraulics, cylinder lift as opposed to cylinder with chain, better controllers.

My buddy just installed a sno-way 29 series on his truck and I'm pretty jealous, as this guy was my sidewalk buster last year..lol

5. Lil'PlowinMan93

Haha yea thats the model i want. I wonder if you could make a set of wings for it? Sno-way doesn't make a set.

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I have the Timbrens for you $165 plus shipping. Yes they are new in the box, I have them available for all apps.

7. MileHigh

the sno way dealer outhere has wings.

8. Lil'PlowinMan93

Hmm. i looked on their site and didn't see them. Oh well, i got a nice miller welder and some time during the summer season. I'll just make some.

9. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I've got a 1992 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton Z71 4x4. Can't I just crank up the torsion cam adjusters to stiffen tthe front end up? I didn't even do that and drove around today and it didn't handle bad with 750# of salt ballast in the bed. The one thing I did notice is the water temp got up to 215-217 degrees running at 50mph going to the Menards. I pulled into a subdivision and lowered the blade a bit to get more air to the radiator and drove around the block to cool it down. Just wondering will the Timbrens allow me to leave the blade lower without worry of it catching something when I hit an uneven patch of road? I had mine turned right about 1/2 way and the right side of the blade was about 6-8" off the ground. Any tips on how tro keep the air flowing to the radiator better?

10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Timbrens dont affect the ride really, they just stop ure suspension from bottoming out