1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Hambrick & Co., Oct 14, 2008.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Just installed some Timbren's on the front of my 2005 2500 HD the job was easy but I have one question. Is the Timbren actually supposed to come in contact with the control arm when the truck is on the ground? Mike
  2. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Yes , if the torsion bars are in the stock position.
  3. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Ok Thanks so that is normal
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

all front timbren kits make contact all the time .!
  5. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

I have them on an 03 Duramax and they are touching all the time.
  6. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

When I installed mine I had to drop the shocks a bit to get that last 1/2 inch of droop before the rubber donut would squeeze in. They are not only touching, they are significantly squished when the truck is sitting level.
  7. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Hambrick let me know about the ride, did it change? Thanks...
  8. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Ride with the tims is different but It's better then the front end sag without. My girlfriend asked what happened to the truck after I installed them. So Thats how I knew there was a change
  9. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Aero you might want to crank the bars a couple of turns as the timbrens will split open if compressed too much over a period of time.
  10. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I thought they had a life time Warranty.... ?????
  11. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The ride should not change. They should touch, but not be compressed. Try cranking up the torsion bars a bit. I put the SuapensinMaxx adjustable keys in my truck and have been very happy with them.
  12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

If I install the timbrens on my truck myself, do I need to bring the truck in for an alignment afterwards?
  13. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Without meaning to thread jack, I too have a question regarding timbrens. My truck (98 k2500HD ext. cab, long box) has a 6 inch full-drop pro-comp suspension lift, 35 in. tires, 18 inch wheels, and a 454 votec. Do they have a set of timbrens for me? What would you guys recommend? My plow is a Western 7'6" straight blade with custom (home-made) wings.
  14. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Just installing Timbrens shouldn't change the alignment. If you crank up the bars a couple turns too so the ride height is significantly higher then an alignment wouldn't be a bad idea.

As far as the 6 inch lifted truck question is concerned, you can answer your own question by looking at the bumpstops. Are the OEM bumpstops repositioned with your lift to where they are just contacting the lower control arm? Is there an inch of clearance around the bumpstops? If yes to both, you should be able to install Timbrens. Post up a closeup picture or two of the bumpstops with the lift so we can see it.
  15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Timberns won't be correct with your Procomp lift since PC's lift require complete removal of the original bumpstop bracket and relocate it to a different position. They may actually fit depending on where you have the T-bars set, but they don't work as intended.
  16. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

I put a set of Timbrens on my 97 k3500 dump yesterday. Before I put them on, the stock rubber bumpers that the Timbrens replace did not touch when the truck was on the ground, but I have the torsion bars cranked up about 1-1.5 full turns from stock. I installed the Timbrens which was SUPER easy by the way, they do not touch either with the truck on the ground. At its closest point they are probably about an 1/8" to 1/4" away. I put the plow on this morning for the first time with the Tims and I can tell you they make a huge differance in the truck NOT dropping like it used to. With the plow on and the blade sitting on the ground Tim's don't touch, with the blade raised they do touch.