1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lodogg89, Oct 4, 2006.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Okay so i ordered front and rear timbrens, i installed the fronts today, im curious are they suppose to sit on the bump stops right now?? No plow on, but they are touching the stops, is this normal??
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

yea thats normal thats the way mine are
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes with a 1500 they will touch. Unless you have adjusted your torsion bars way up
  4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

thanks for the quick answers guys
  5. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Yeah, what they said. And in the back the instructions call for 1/2 to 1 inch clearance, but I get a better ride with about an inch and a quarter clearance.

6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

so pete are you saying that i should adjust my torsion bars in order to fix the ride quality?? Ofcourse i dont know how to do that either/
  7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

No, it will definitely ride worse if you crank your T-Bars up. Just leave it be. It is supposed to rest on the Timbren.
  8. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Not necessarily. I cranked them on my half ton because 700# up front was a bit much for a 1500, but it does change the entire feel of the truck. My comment was referring to the back Timbrens. On my 2500HD the rear Timbrens came with a spacer and the instructions said I wanted half an inch to an inch between the Timbrens and the point they bottomed out on. I found that wasn't enough because on those rolling bumps we call whoop-de-doos the rear bottomed and really impacted ride quality. I removed those spacers that came with the Timbrens, increasing the distance to 1.25 inches and the ride is now perfect.