1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren Q for B&B

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PlowJimmy, Dec 7, 2011.

1. PlowJimmy

PlowJimmy Junior Member

Hi B&B - your answers to previous questions about shimming timbrens were very helpful. IFS's are new to me as I have been plowing for 15 years with K5 Chevy Blazers. I was looking at the pics you posted with two washers from Fastenal and I have one more question for you. Was the plow on the truck when the picture was taken? I just cranked my T-bars and bought some Timbrens and I'm trying to figure out how many washers I need. Thanks.
    PlowJimmy
    1997 Chev Tahoe

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I do recall the pic and it was taken at normal ride height without the plow attached. This way you know where you need to be to get the Timbrens down but not have any excessive pressure on it without a load. This makes the TImbrens more effective sooner without adding much harshness to the unloaded ride quality.

So at normal ride height add as many shims (washers) as you can and still easily install the Timbren without having to fight it into place. If it doesn't want to go then you have one too many shims. Subtract one and try again.

3. PlowJimmy

PlowJimmy Junior Member

Thanks B&B. I appreciate you getting back to me. Happy Plowing!!!