1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren pricing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gprx2, Nov 28, 2008.

1. gprx2

gprx2 Junior Member

Whats the best pricing you guys have found for your timbrens?
    Im looking to fit a 92 Chevy 2500 .... timbren part no. GMFK35C

The best that Ive found so far was at Mill supply for $177.00 + shipping

im just looking for the fronts right now.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

somewhere around $190-ish with free shipping. price went up a lot in the last year or so.

3. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

A place on ebay has them for $176 or close to that with free shipping.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

guy on ebay selling Monroe version of a Timbren, it's call a Monroe Muscle load support, exact same thing as TImbrens. $115 plus $15 shipping. Only has a few left, so I don't know if he'd have yours. I thought by part number yours would be GMFK25C.
    do a search on ebay for reds garage or Monroe muscle

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

He does need the 35s, 35s are for stamped lower control arm 25s are for the forged ones. PM me with any questions

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Oh that's right, I forgot about that part. And since he was given the part number with the 35, that means he must have the stamped.
    Mine has the cast (not actually forged, but that would be nice:>)
    My bad!

7. JSHEGA

JSHEGA Junior Member
    from Midwest

Timbren has instituted a minimum advertised price policy (MAP) for their distributors. It requires that all distributors advertise the Timbren kits at a price no lower than 15% off list price. Mill Supply sells the GMFK35C for $177(plus actual shipping of $8-$12) currently, but Timbren is cutting distributors off that advertise at a price below $194.95. This is why the kits have gotten much more expensive recently.

8. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Bought my Timbrens for my 97 K3500 with cast arms, thru a friend at cost....with shipping about 140 bucks.... I think at that price, they are stil overpriced for two pcs of rubber ( about half the size of a beer can) and a couple of bolts and washers.....

BUT- I have to say they work good and I do like them....just cant figure out why so expensive???