1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren or ReadyLift

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by biggyee, Oct 17, 2009.

1. biggyee

biggyee Junior Member
    from ohio

Hello all I am new to this and need your opinion I have an 08 Toyo Tundra Double Cab with a MT Sno-Way Plow and was wondering if I should use a Timbren system or a Ready Level to add some lift so my frame is not bottoming out every time I go over a good size dip. So the help would be great>

2. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

I didn't think the Ready Level units actually gave you additional load capacity???

3. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

I found that I hated the ride with the timberns on the front, called Toytech and got new front springs capable of the weight and lifted the truck, now the truck handles the weight no problem, it's a Tacoma but I wasn't happy with the front end sagging so bad once any weight was put on the front. just my 2 cents but I didn't like riding around on the timberns with the plow on.

4. Maine_Snowman

Maine_Snowman Junior Member

Timbrens

I have used Timbrens on both of my trucks and they have worked great. I would recommend them, they are easy to install (do it yourself) and there is really nothing that can go wrong.

5. Spudman

Spudman Member

Front Suspension Upgrades

I also plow with my 07 Tundra DC. I installed a set of Timbrens on the front suspension in addition to a set of Bilstein 5100 Series leveling struts. The Bilsteins are a height adjustable replacement strut that added some lift to my front end. I was also able to clear 33'' BFG All-Terrain tires. I put about 660 pounds of ballast in the bed when my plow is on and the truck sits perfectly level with the plow raised.

I have a Fisher 7.5' X-Blade with weighs about 742 pounds and according the Sno-Way website, the heaviest Sno-Way for a Tundra weighs in at 600 pounds, about 150 pounds lighter. I would think that a combination of a leveling kit and Timbrens, along with some ballast, would give you the clearance you're looking for.

6. biggyee

biggyee Junior Member
    from ohio

Hey thanks for the info. I just bought a set of timrens, just for thought how much did you pay for bilstein 5100 series level kits???

7. Spudman

Spudman Member

I ordered them online for $98 each side. A little be less expensive than a Ready Lift or Revtek leveling kit. If you visit www.tundrasolutions.com and search leveling kits you can find a lot of information about what is available. Lots of good information on that site.

8. dmelevsky

dmelevsky Junior Member
    from Maine

I added the Toytec leveling kit with 305/65/18 BFG AT's on my 2008 DC. I have had no problems in two years of commercial plowing with a Boss 7.5' standard duty.

IMG_3754.JPG

9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i bought a ford no need for nonsense (no need to spend extra money for timbrens):laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. truckie46

truckie46 Member

Good for you and your ford. You don't have anything better to do then go on the light duty thread and bash people's choice in vehicles? Seems to me nobody is trying to compare Toyota to the HD trucks of the big three....:realmad:

11. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

The superdutys come with factory timbrens (Figures, the only trucks that don't need them):nod:

12. snowplowpro

from NJ

13. truckie46

truckie46 Member

14. snowplowpro

from NJ

15. truckie46

truckie46 Member

16. snowplowpro