1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbren load boosters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by racer0175, Nov 13, 2002.

1. racer0175

racer0175 Member

where's the best place to buy them...i notice that they make them for the 99 and up chevrolet silverado's now...

2. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver Senior Member

Most truck sales companys have timbrens and install them or your snowplow supplier in that area should have them also. Prices are pretty standard at any location plus installation charges. You can install them yourself as most are a bolt on installation easy to follow directions.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

www.awdirect.com

they are a really great company. all they deal in is warning lights, parts for wreckers, and the sort of things you need while plowing. this is where i got my timbrens from.

4. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Our plow installer installed one set for me at $225 on a 2500 HD. On a 3500 I had a set installed at a truck shop when they were adding two leaf springs to the rear end - cost was $220.

I've also purchased them through AW Direct and installed them myself.

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Ditto what mdb said. You can't ask for better people to deal with, you'll have your boosters in about 2 days.

6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Timbren Vs Air suspension

Has anybody use air bags? I was looking at the timbren load levelers and air suspension from Airlift. Pros and cons of both.
    The air bags are only 100.00 more than the load levelers.
    Everett

7. SatZ28

SatZ28 Member

My understanding from talking to a large dealer in the area, the air suspension will cause the truck to be much stiffer 24/7. Whereas the Timbren's will only come into play when the plow is installed.

8. EIB

EIB Senior Member

The air bags are adjustable from 5psi to 100psi. I would assume at 5psi the bags would be along for the ride and not supporting any weight.

Everett

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got the Timbrens up front on my F-350, I've purchased but have yet to install air bags (Firestone) for the rear.

The benefit I see to the bags are the adjustability you mentioned. Since my rear loads vary, this is why I chose them for that location. The downside is to be conveniently adjustable, you need an on board air system, which can be costly.

10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Air Bags work great. Totally adjustable. Empty you notice now difference then a stock suspension. What is nice is that with each load you can adjust to keep the truck level. Great for towing or with a spreader.

11. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I've checked online and found Front and rear kits from Airlift at 225.00 each. To add the compressor is about 300.00
    I was thinking by putting them on the front, I can keep the nose from dipping when the plow is up. Also if I get hung on a curb etc., I could raise the pressure in the front and raise the front of the truck.

Everett

12. racer0175

racer0175 Member

i found them at that awdirect and it says applicable from 88-99 for part# tlb-256f. i thought the older trucks had leaf springs not torsion bars...is that just pre-87?

seems like a good site though, am probably gonna call tomorrow and order..:D

13. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Torsion bars since 88
    Dino

14. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

I put Timbrens on the front of my 01' Chevy 3500. They do a good job. Cuts the bounce way down. Its firm not harsh. 1/2 hr to install. You'll like them

15. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder if Airlift or other air bag company make a kit for front of '02 Silverado 2500HD? Or is Timbren the only option?

16. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Check out trucksprings.com They have a list of trucks they are made for.

Everett

17. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

try www.centralparts.com i bought two snow plows and a sander from them this year very good company to deal with they sell everything you need for plowing.
    CENTRAL PARTS WAREHOUSE

Last edited: Nov 16, 2002
  18. PLM

PLM Junior Member
    from browser

BUY THEM AFTERMARKET (ON-LINE) THEY'LL GO FOR ABOUT $150.00 FOR A FRONT SET. MOST PLACES CHARGE APPROX $300.00 INSTALEED. IT'S ONLY 1 BOILT AND TAKES ABOUT 5 MIN A SIDE.

19. racer0175

racer0175 Member

well i ordered the timbrens from awdirect...they were like 5 bucks cheaper than truckspring.com

trucksprings site was alot nicer, and almost screwed up the order because the way they are listed, but hey...i can't wait....thanks for all the input....one thing i am wonder though is will this be enough support alone, or will i still have to jack up the torsion bars?

20. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

hey wxmn, you get a new truck? looks nice. I have a 02 2500HD and i dont haven any timbrens at all. I dont get much front end sag. if you just put a little ballast in the back, it should be fine. My torsion bars are cranked up a little though.