1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren Kits

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xgiovannix12, Mar 3, 2013.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'd do Air Bags if they're available for your pick up, with Bags you can "tune" them to what you need. I"ve never been around Timbrens but I'd have the think they'd given you a harsh ride.
  3. xgiovannix12

Not sure if they have bags for a 92 I will look around tho

TLSIMMONS Member

I have the timbren kits on my trucks I think they are great. I've never had any issues in the last 12 years or
    So that I have used them.
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have the timbrens also. I like them. The dealer wouldn't install the plow on my truck without them. I just adjust the air in my tires if I want a softer ride. That's when the plow is off though.
  6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I have timbrens on the frt of my chevy, and bags on the back. They both work great. Did the bags on the bag for when towing heavy loads
  7. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I had them on front and back on my 98 Chevrolet 2500 and the front ones I just noticed are gone. not sure if the bolts rusted and broke off or what. It is disappointing to have to buy new ones again.
  8. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

It happens, call Timbren and have them send you a warranty set.

I had them on the front of my Tahoe, they helped. They don't interfere with normal driving with out the plow.
  9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I have them in the front of my 04 Chevy - made a big difference when the plow is raised!
  10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have had timbrens and hate them. with them you are still overloaded as they are just larger bump stops. with them I iwas still getting a 1-2'' sag

Now i just make my own airbag setups for the trucks. They are alot smoother and adjustable to whatever you want. with the bags i get 0 drop or cant get it to rase a inch or two if I want.
  11. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I just put a set on my f250 last fall. My other f250 has bags. For about the same money, I'd do the bags if I had to do it again. Timbrens ride like ASS! Per the instructions, the front Timbrens should contact the axle at all times......translation=log wagon.
  12. s10driv

s10driv Junior Member

I like the timbrens for front aplications. But prefer airbags for the the rear axle. If your frame is rusty you may want to add a gusset depending on your application. I have a 95 rcsb with a 7'6 speedwing. I installed a set of timbrens and in one trip it was bottoming out. upon inspection the bumpstop mounts collapsed . The way the timbren kit is designed for my truck the timbren is mounted on a offset bracket from the original bumpstop. To much leverage and to much rust.
  13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have them on my Dodge. It did affect the ride a little but only over big bumps. Don't really notice them otherwise.
  14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I called Timbrens today and they are sending me new ones free of charge. That is some good customer service.
  15. xgiovannix12

Nice Thumbs Up I plan to buy a set soon
  16. Rainer

Rainer Member

I have them on my 02 Silverado 2500HD Ext Cab 8' bed. Plowed last season without them, got a set this year. I'll never go without them again. Without the plow and counterweight in the truck, it rides like, well, a truck. Which is what I like.
  17. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Have/had them on every truck I owned/own. Easy instal no maintenance and they do the job!
  18. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

The Timbrens should only contact the front axel when it's waited down by the plow. Otherwhise it should ride just normal with the exception of when u hit a huge bump like a pot_hole.
  19. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I bought a Chevy 2500hd 2 weeks ago. I paid 10k for it but it only has 28K on it! It's like a brand new truck. I managed to get my Meyer plow set up on it just in time for the last storm that rolled through. When I lift it, the front drops maybe a inch. It's a poly board. I bought it originally for a F150 and it worked very well on it. Timbrens wouldn't do anything on my truck.
  20. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

It did not seem to make sense to me either, but I did as the instructions said. It even came with spacers and said to use them if needed to keep the axle against the Timbren when vehicle is UNLOADED.