1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren install on GMC 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Quality SR, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I ordered a set of Timbrens from TruckSpring.com. And I installed them today. The install went pretty easy considering i dont have the tools to make my life easier. On the scale from 1-10 on the install i give it a 8. It was very easy to install, but like i said i didnt have the "real" tools a pro would use. I have heard the install should take 45 min, and if it takes longer then " set the beers down". :rolleyes: :p . It ended up taking me about an 1 1/2". I had the beers after the install. :salute:

To install them you just simply jack up the front end and take the tires off. Then remove the bumper stop with i think a 5/8" socket with a 6" extension. Then install the Tims. They give you the Timbren, a spacer, lock washer and a 9/16" bolt. It is alot easier to take the tire off to do this. I couldnt get the truck up high enough to get the tires off. I had it high enough to take the weight off the old bumper stop and install the Tim. I took some pictures of the old stuff and the Tims. I also took a movie of raising and lowering the V.

2. Quality SR

1. is the Timbren box when i got it
    2. They gave me a Truckspring.com sticker for the truck. ;)

Timbren Box.jpg

Sticker.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  3. Quality SR

1 and 2 are the old stops before removal.

Bumper stop.jpg

4. Quality SR

bumper stop.jpg

5. Quality SR

1. is the Tim installed
    2. Shows that there is no gap when the truck is lowered.

Timbren 3.jpg

timbren gap 2.jpg

6. Quality SR

1. shows the Tim installed on the other side
    2. Shows the Tim with no gap on the other side.

Timbren.jpg

timbren gap.jpg

7. Quality SR

Ok here is the movies.
    The first one was taken about 4-5 months ago showing the truck squatting with NO timbrens. I was playing a little with the V, :p First time i was playing with it. Notice the beginning and the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtVtZvPbjP4

The second one is taken a few minutes ago with the timbrens installed. I was waiting a little bit to let the truck warm up it is cold out today. I was also dropping the V slightly showing the movement on the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cFs3S9_63c

Enjoy..

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you don't have any snow on the ground?

9. Quality SR

No, not at this time. There is still some on the grass from 12/31- 1/1. The first movie was taken in the summer time. The second movie was taken today. We did have snow and ice last week, if you look closely you can see the salt on the truck. It actually worked out better that way. I wouldnt want to be laying on the driveway in the snow. :)
    It was 30* when i installed them, that is cold enough for me to be laying on the ground under the truck.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i was in traverse city yesterday. we took the back way home, there was 3 feet on the ground in places.