1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbren install 06 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ajordan193, Jan 15, 2010.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Just purchased a set of timbrens for my 06 and have a few questions. I removed the factory bump stops without a problem. Then I installed the base with the two bolts one going into the frame and the other going to the timbren. Then I took the spacer and timbren and tried to mount it but was unable to keep the flat washer and the locknut together in order to tighten the timbren. Is there an easier way to mount these?

2. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

common guys one of you must know something....

3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I'm taking what your saying to mean that due to it being a locknut that it's not tightening up while your trying to tighten the bolt.

What you might need to do, is jack up the truck off of the suspension, so jack at a frame point and not under the suspension, and this should give you enough room to get a long extension in there to be able to have your socket wrench on the bottom and then tighten it up.

If this isn't the issue your having, please let us know. I know I had run into something similar on one of my trucks and this was how I did it.

On a side note, I know you have already purchased the Timbrens, but what I did with all of my trucks since my first install was to just up the front coil springs by 1 code level, using Ford factory coil springs.

For example, if you have 5200# springs, going up to 5600# springs. I was getting them from a dealer in Indianapolis, IN for just about $100 a pair shipped to my door.

The replacement of the factory Ford coil springs levels the truck nicely and carrys a plow without any troubles what so ever. Another thing I that actually came to me as a surprise was that the truck actually rode better with the higher capacity springs. It gave it a more 'solid' feel to the overall driving of the truck on any surface, and I'm not taking a 'jarring' feel either.

A factory Ford coil spring swap out takes about 1 hour with standard tools, requires no alignment adjustments and your using factory Ford parts.

Hope this helps some, and again if not, please let us know if the issue your having is something different.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Last time I had that problem, I used some yellow gasket stuff (we call it yellow sticky fingers, not sure what it's proper name is) to hold them together. Some silicone would probably work too. It's a PITA the way they're designed, no doubt about it.

5. karol

karol Senior Member

Unless your putting a salter in the back I would not recommend them in the front end. Fords are pretty stiff compared to the other's. I had them in the front and let me tell you that was the worst and bounciest ride I've ever had. It actually broken my lift chain twice when I hit a bump because of the plow jumping up and then back down. That was one of those parking lot speed bumps, I wasn't going fast. Without the timbrens in the front at least the suspension can cushin the fall and I never had a problem since. That's just mine opinion and experience.