1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren copycats

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buddymanzpop, Sep 2, 2010.

1. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I've read about Timbren copycats that are out, can anyone comment on them? What are they called? I read a thread here about a year ago that stated they are half the cost of Timbrens but I cant find any info on them.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Buyers makes em for chevy's forget the name, but i'm sure it's on their site.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

air lift also makes a similar product called the aircell... I'd probally buy those first....

4. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Here is the link to them.http://http://www.buyersproducts.com/truck-trailer-hardware/truck-suspension-kits/auxiliary-suspension-kit/Auxiliary-Front-Suspension-Kit-for-GM-Trucks/4672/

I bought a pair last year to put on a 1998 K2500 and they did help, but I think the Timbrens are better. If my truck would have had more front end sag then what it had I would have gone with the Timbrens.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Airlifts on the front of my 2006 3500 w my Dmax.Been running them since last Dec. with my 9-2 Boss V plow.Very pleased with them.Never had Timbrens and never will due to the ridiculous price on them.

6. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

At least for what I could find quickly, the Air Lift Aircell kit is only $30 less than the Timbren kit. Both seem ridiculous to me.

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Mayhem--I paid $150 for them last Dec. from an online co. which the name eludes me right now.

8. mayhem

from Peru MA

Cool, found them for $159 when I did a quick search...last time I considered buying Timbrens they were $170 last year, now they're $190.

Its a hunk of shaped rubber...ought to be well under $100 and still profitable.

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Dont forget the Sumos from Supersprings.....The Air Cell is a copy of they're design. Much better ride than Timbrens and Buyers hard rubber stops. I can get you steller pricing if you need some...just give me a call 877-361-2227

10. mayhem

from Peru MA

Now thats a good idea!

Buy a recommended product from a trusted site sponsor.

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

2Cor has a set on his suburban...perhaps he will chime in

12. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

13. allie11

allie11 Member

timbrens or sumo's???? 2000 f-250 super duty 7.3ldiesel .. front