1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren Bump stops on 2002 Dakota Quad Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by redbug2, May 12, 2011.

1. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Hello,

I have a friend that is putting a 7.5 Western plow on his 2002 Dakota Quad cab.

He wants to put Timbren Bump stops in the front end help handle the extra load of the plow. He was wondering if he would need to put the bump stops in the rear? We feel the rears would not be needed. He's not going to be putting any spreaders in the rear.

Any comments on rear bump stops or on bump stops in general for the Dakota and a Western plow?

Thanks.

redbug2

2. mikesayelec

mikesayelec Junior Member

I have an 02 quad cab dakota with a 7.5 western and timbrens in the front. No need for timbrens in the rear just the appropriate amount of ballast.

3. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Agreed. I only did it front and rear if I ever have a heavy load, tow, etc. I mean its not pricey for the added capacity it adds. Also a Tailgate Spreader is a great way to add ballast and functionality at the same time Thumbs Up