1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren, Airlift, Buyers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by avc8130, Nov 12, 2010.

1. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I am picking up a Fisher 8'6" Xblade SS tomorrow for my 2006 2500HD. I am thinking I will need some type of help for the front end. Anyone have experience with the Timbren wannabe's?
    ac

2. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

I like timbrens.

3. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

Air Lift makes a very high quality product. Give Corey a call I'm sure he can help you out. 1-800-248-0892 ext 227 or www.airliftcompany.com I hope this helps!

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Timbrens are Good ...

Less $$$ .

5. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I purchased a set of the Timbren look a likes from Buyers last year. They aren't bad at all. I've got a pair of Timbrens on the exact same truck as well and I think the Timbrens might be a tad bit stiffer with the plow raised, but its not noticeable unless your really looking at the trucks side by side.

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Air lifts on the front of my 06'Dmax 3500 with a 9-2 er Boss V plow.Exactly what I was looking for and cheaper priced than Timbrens.

7. priwi

priwi Junior Member

I run the timbren's on my trucks, simple effective and nothing to fail. Plus they don't effect the ride of the truck in the off season.

8. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I am having trouble justifying the prices:

Timbrens: $200
    Airlift: ???
    Buyers: $100

The Airlift seem to use a different design with closed cell foam and air as opposed to solid rubber. This seems "better" in my head for ride quality. Is it?

I haven't been able to find conclusive that any one is better than another so I think I will grab the Buyers.
    ac

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  9. unclefinnigan

unclefinnigan Junior Member

I have a 2500hd 2007 and I just put timbrens in after I had an Arctic vee heavy duty blade installed up front (800 lbs) front end sits still. I run a back blade too (340 lbs)

10. RichG53

I can see the air lift on the Dmax you got a big hunk of iron under the hood..

But for a gasser Timbrens should be ok.. I have them with 750-800 lb .plow plus turned up about 2-2-1/2 realigned (counter weight when plowing )stays that way all year..Nice and level..

Air lift cheaper than Timbrens ??? You must of stole them..
    Tims under $200..Air $250-300...or more + install time...

Just my opinion...

11. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I don't think anyone is referring to air suspension systems. When I speak or Airlift I am referring to their static load system that is similar to Timbrens but uses closed cell foam instead of rubber.
    Ac

12. RichG53

Do you have any info on them ??? Web site ???
    Stand corrected..
    Thanks !!

13. avc8130

avc8130 Member

14. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I threw caution to the wind and ordered up the Airlift through Amazon. I had a $10 gift certificate and for ~$125 shipped I figured it was worth a shot.
    ac

15. tac48

tac48 Member

I put Timbrens on couple of weeks ago. They seem to work great. The front end seems tighter and I gained 3/4 inch of clearance. They did seem like alot of money for what they are. I am curious as to how well those air lift ones work out. Let us know how they work and maybe I'll try those next time.

16. ACCONSTRUCTION

ACCONSTRUCTION Junior Member

I would look into the Sumo Springs version of Timbrens. They are made of a cellular foam that acts exactly like a air bag. They helped my 06 2500hd big time and actually made my truck feel better in the front end. They eliminated sway and wandering completely. I carry a 800 plus pound Blizzard speed wing with no clearance issues. I had questions about the product, called and actually talked directly to Mike the owner & developer of the product. Talk about customer service they are awesome.

17. RichG53

Can you tell me the difference between the two ????
    Why one is better than the other???
    How is the ride with the Airlift system ??
    They look offaly tall....

I have the Timbrens and did notice a change in the ride (a little stiffer)...
    Shocks don't seem to do their job as well with them on ..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010