1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbre s for a 98 z71 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pongow26, Nov 27, 2010.

1. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I am sure this has been posted before but I'm on my cell and don't want to attemp a search it's a pain in the ***. I have been told to get som timbrens for the front of my truck instead of turning up the torsion bars. Never had them or seen them. I am curious if anyone with a similar truck has them and what there thoughts are? I have a 98z71 silverado with a straight blade 7'6".

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have had a 91 and 95 silverado both reg cab short boxes and both have had them. I loved them, No driller required either. Just unbolt the factory bump stop then bolt the bracket in and then the timbern itself. I had a set on my 02 silverado and I now have a set on my 04 sierra. Each truck I pull the front tires off just to make the install easier and have more room to work. It is about a hour long project. If you make a fist the timbern is about that size of your hand. All of my trucks have had the T-bars cranked. It just makes the truck sit higher. The plow will squat the truck to the timbern and then thats it. Do a google search for timbern SES and see what pics they bring up. If you make it to a computer I believe there are pics on here too.
  3. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Ok I did a search when I got home and I am pretty sure based on your post and what I see on the screen that I am going to get them. Curious though, I don't know how to turn up torsion bars do I really need to do that? Will the timbrens be enough? I do two commercial lots which are relatively small - no more than 2hrs max a peice and 4 resi's with the exception of the jobs that just call the day it snows. There has been times I do up to 15-20 resi's over the course of a snow event but it's not all the time