1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbern Users.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bowtie_guy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Very quick question. Do you run the timberns only for the winter when the plow is on or keep em on year round?? Do you find the front end loses ride without the plow and them installed??

Like does the suspention cycle down and hit the timbern which really stops more movement so it's rough?

Finally pic installed??

2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

even though i dont plow ( i will chime in ) from what i have seen they stay, they replace the old rubber bump stops
  3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I had some on my truck. Most on here will dissagree with me, but I couldn't stand what they did to the ride. I might as well weld the suspension solid. It would travel a little bit, then slam and hit the timbren when the plow wasn't on. Taking them off was the best thing I ever did. JMO
  4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I'll be the first to disagree :)

Although the ride is slightly stiffer, I did not experience any "slamming" of the front end with the plow off. They do make a huge difference when plowing.

I would recommend them w/o a doubt

5. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I have them on my 02' and 06' don't notice any ride difference at all with them on. I wouldn't plow without them. I do take my torsion bar turns out during the non plowing months.
  6. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I keep them on year-round. The reasoning being that, without the plow, the timbrens don't touch the lower control arms, which allows for normal movement without slamming into the timbren.

I'm almost sure the reason merrimac's ride was so bad is because he's got the duramax which weighs 650lb more than the 6.0L. This puts a 'permanent' load on the timbrens and doesn't allow for any give over bumps.

With the 6.0L, you won't notice a difference in the ride quality without the plow during the summer. I'll try and get a few pictures up tomorrow when I get my truck back from the shop (new fan clutch)...
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Wow..I love my timbrens. Keep em in all year round. Keeps your truck nice and level too in you get the both front and rear, and made a huge difference in how my truck handled my plow. The timbrens replace your stock bump stops for a little stiffer ride but more more performance. Definetely wouldnt plow without them in my truck.
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Leave them on year around. Not much difference in ride with plow on then plow off. it is a truck and it is going to ride like a truck no matter what. They are the best thing you can do for the price. I would never run another truck without them the rest of my life. I have them on the rear also. Truck stays nice and level no matter what type of load I have.
  9. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

I think the difference in feeling may stem from how much the TBARs are lifted. On some trucks Timbrins make constant contact, and on others there is a gap. My truck fits the latter mode, and I have no complaints about the ride with the timbrens (plow on or off)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I leave mine in year round. Doesn't bother me one bit.