1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timberens or Springs?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by xtreem3d, Oct 24, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Dead link...

What kind of truck? I hated the timbrens on my Fords, but they seemed to work well on the front of the Chevy's, maybe cuz gm's are like driving a sponge to begin with... :p

Definitely go with springs or airbags, it'll ride stiffer all the time, but will still have decent spring rates with add a leafs or heavier spring packs, whereas timbrens will interfere with the spring rate and give a more punishing ride, IMO. Airbags are the best of both worlds, stiff when you need it, soft when you don't (get your mind out of the gutter).
  3. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Thanks... answered my questions as well.
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

5. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i have used both the tiberons and springs, all my trucks have them on the front and rears, all are gm's, i also have a 1 ton gm tow truck, i really love the tiberons on it, it doesn't matter if i am towing a grand am or a 3/4 ton suburban, it squats the same, also on my 1 ton dump, when we have it loaded with salt i know it over weight in the rear, but it doesn't look it, so the dot won't think i'm over weight and pull me over
  6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Not sure if this helps but I put add a leafs on the front of my F350 and I highly recommend them if you carry a plow.