1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tim1005

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tim1005, Feb 23, 2010.

1. tim1005

tim1005 Junior Member
    from MN

I have a 1988 Ford F250 with a 7.5 ft. Western steel plow. If I want to put this plow on a 1996 F250, am I going to need a new plow mount? Or could I get by with all of the same equip I have on this truck? Could I get by with making minor revisions? Or isn't it worth it? Thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

?

dont say which style you have conventional , unimount but either one will not bolt on i belive their have been to many changes.but you can always modify if you are handy !

3. tim1005

tim1005 Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks for reply. Is a conventional standard mount. That's about what I thought. Could be done with some modification. Do you know what Western mount # I would need for a 96 F250 ? What are my chances of finding a used mount only? Thanks

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict