1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tilt trailer for equipment

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ProWorkz.com, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Does anyone have tilt trailer plans? I was given a 16' tandem trailer that I want to build into a tilt trailer.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks....

2. proshare

proshare Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  3. trailer plans

Thanks for the link. I had checked out that site but they did not have the style of tilt trailer I want to build. I will try on find a picture of what I am going to build.....

4. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

I've seen a similar setup to that one. Only it had a heavier tongue, and used a hydraulic floor jack, for the tilt. Could be handy, if you needed to drag it out to change a flat.

5. proshare

proshare Member

Another design is to have the hitch,frame & axles solid and just the deck tilts.
    I have an old 12ton thats designed this way.
    I'll grab a few pics and post them later.

6. proshare

proshare Member

This one was made by Birmingham trailer works in 1968

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  7. trailer

That is the style of trailer I am going to build. Thanks for the input guys. I found a local trailer company that has a tilt trailer that I liked and took measurements and pictures. The trailer is 21' over all. With 17' tilt section.

8. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have a 20' trailer with a GVW of 14,000 lbs that has a 4' fixed and 16' tilt section on it. It looks like it works just like proshare's. I will try and take a couple pics of it next week, I have to go visit the in-laws this weekend so I will post the first part of next week.

9. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

if your using it in the snow, its a little tricky, we have a 16ft tilt deck that we got from our local bobcat dealer and we never use it in snow, cause the machines dont go up. It gets too slippery

10. lb59

lb59 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Why don't you make it so that it will dump and tilt both ? ? ?