1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tight Spot!

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by ondirtymax, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

I was looking on my curtis for the drain plug and main power hook up for motor in the A frame and could not find them. Appears as though power cable routes underneath the pump motor but could not seem to find access to it from underside. Please tell me I don't have to pull the whole pump out to access main power connection and drain fluid!:realmad:

2. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i think this was just discussed. the earlier units didn't have a drain plug.

i see you have a Dmax. you ever visit dieselbombers.com?

3. plow north

plow north Member

curtis drain plug

what year is it my plow has the drain plug under the a frame

4. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

5. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

not sure what year it is, first year with plow, but i have other issues as well, and more pertinent, i just hooked this POS up and at first would only angle left, then started working right, to get it to raise had to put joystick in float and angle to right, to lower had to push joystick to try and raise, can't tell you how frustrated i am!!!!

6. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Unfortunately you bought one of the first model Curtis' plows. They had HUGE problems with the wiring harnesses on them. But it sounds to me like your controller may be messed up. If you know someone with one, try it out and see if you get the same results. As for the drainplug thing, you must have a pre 2001 model. I bought a used 2001 for $350 complete just for the 8' blade. That one did have a drain plug.

7. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Just cam back from dealer, all issues resolved. Really like the way it hooks to the truck, very slick! Also picked up a complete A-frame including pump, wiring harness (old style) and all 5 coils for $150!